Nutrition Ninjas Term 4 Week 2
Updated: Oct 31, 2019
This week for family dinners, our Nutrition Ninjas team made Grilled Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken.
By participating in Nutrition Ninjas, the children are able to work on and improve their fine motor skills. It also allows older children to develop strong leadership skills by assisting younger children with measuring and safety whilst using different utensils. If you enjoyed this weeks meal and would like to make it at home with your child please see the recipe below.
Grilled Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
Marinade: 3 hr
Prep time: 15 min
Cook: 35 min
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 cup plain low-fat Greek yoghurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2kg chicken breast or tenderloins
1 teaspoon harissa
1 pinch salt
1. Whisk together lemon rind, olive oil, garlic, paprika, mixed herbs, half the yoghurt, half the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper in a bowl. Pour int resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air and seal the bag. Marinade in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
2. Preheat barbecue on medium-high heat and lightly oil the grill plate.
3. Combine harissa with remaining yoghurt and juice n a small bowl and set aside.
4. Remove chicken from bag and transfer to a plate or baking tray lined with paper towels. Pat chicken pieces dry with more paper towels. Season with a pinch of salt.
5. Grill chicken or preheated grill for 2 minutes. Turn each piece and move to indirect heat.
6. Grill, turning often, with lid down until well-browned and meat is no longer pink in the middle, 30-35 minutes.
7. Enjoy! (We served our chicken with mixed vegetables cooked with a little honey, and mashed sweet potato)